Yes, it’s herself — fresh from a triumphant debut gallery show opening this past weekend, it’s the Queen of Everything and fabulous artist, S. L. Johnson. I’m not just saying that because she designed the lovely Cult of Kaity logo or the cover of the forthcoming collection, Triumph of the Carpet Beetle, or made me look gorgeous in her art show 🙂 No! I love her work and I love her, she’s amazing. I persuaded her to take a break from her furious working and socialising schedule to answer my questions (albeit somewhat enigmatically).
1. What’s the first thing you do upon waking in the morning?
Open my eyes….
2. What’s a song you might be persuaded to dance to?
“Motorhead” by Motorhead
3. Where in the world do you live?
My own little.
4. What’s a great night out for you?
Good friends, drinks, music, art.
5. What’s a great night in?
Good friends, good food, good chat or movies.
6. If you were offered an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
7. What book do you wish everyone would read so you could talk about it?
Promethea or Alice In Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass.
8. What movie makes you cry?
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf. Every damn time.
9. What makes you laugh?
10. Are there fairies at the bottom of your garden?
You need to ask?
And you’re a big fan of The Fall, right? [ducks] Hee hee hee!