How Kipper Spends his Day

Yes, he’s staring at the radiator because that’s where evil lives, apparently. It’s disconcerting. Yes, I know it makes odd sounds when the heat comes on, but why does he sit *right* behind my chair and stare at the very same spot always. Is it because all of the other radiators throughout this place are putting out heat, but that spot — and only that one spot — radiates evil?

Yes, this must be so.

Or maybe writing about Memoirs of a Master Forger and all its demons is making me see things too… or hear them.

8 Comments

1. The Queen says:

Perhaps Kipper is one of Basement Cat's hellish minions….

2. K. A. Laity says:

LOL — he joined up while cruising the internet as I am certain he does while I'm away.

3. Just wait until your new credit card bill comes in….what is that $876.95 for cat toys???

4. K. A. Laity says:

LOL — so he's just freaking me out to get me away from the computer so he can use it? Fiendish!

5. Todd Mason says:

Well, yes, but on a more prosaic level he wants you to have his back when he finally confronts that hissing WhatEverThing that keeps challenging and banging in there (I'm assuming a steam heat radiator). Sure bugs the hell out of Alice's cats, her house's.

6. K. A. Laity says:

I suspect he will chicken out should it ever come to a confrontation. I had to slip a cooking tray under the water bowl while I figured out whether I had spilled it or if it were leaking (the latter, unfortunately) and Kipper with his usual groundhog-mode terror (crouching flat on the ground as he stared at the simple metal tray in horror). Ages before he would drink from it.

7. debrahyde says:

One of my cats occasionally suspects his water dish of the same thing. Which is fine — better that than the litter box!

8. K. A. Laity says:

Indeed! I shudder to think…

Comments are closed.